Author Topic: Support / Assistance  (Read 1422 times)

Aesthemic

• Technical Services
  • Community Member
    • View Profile
Support / Assistance
« on: January 09, 2015, 08:54:49 pm »
I am not entirely sure if we would consider it relevant, but I was thinking it would be a good idea to have a support / assistance sub-forum to allow users to post for help. Not sure if it would be entirely of a technical nature, or if we would open it to anything.

C

• Community Member
  • Ω
    • View Profile
Re: Support / Assistance
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 08:58:07 pm »
Clarify this for me- it's a technical forum to ask for assistance for general things, like mine own projects, or just board related things?

Aesthemic

• Technical Services
  • Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 08:59:32 pm »
Either or. I was originally thinking "technical" like relating to technology, but a general "support" forum could potentially expand beyond that.

For instance, if someone spilled wine on their carpet, they could ask for the best approach of getting it out of the carpet. Stuff like that.

Not sure if being too broad is a good idea.

C

• Community Member
  • Ω
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 09:01:21 pm »
Given that we are nerds, I would keep it to software and hardware questions related to computers.

Seed

• Development
  • Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 09:12:38 am »
I think the fact that we are nerds is exactly why general could be a good idea.

I'm pretty sure if someone is asking on these forums they either a: have exhausted their researching abilities for the answer and looking to us to see if we have the answer or b: they don't know how to find the answer properly to begin with.

So with that, given "we are nerds" it shouldn't be hard to answer more questions or at least help them find the answer.

Nerdilicious.

Aesthemic

• Technical Services
  • Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 02:51:18 pm »
Thinking about it, I am thinking keeping support within the realms of technology would ensure that individuals are getting an educated response. That is, we could provide both a technical and a general support forum, but as Digibase itself is an organization focused around technology, if I was asking for advice on cooking I would not be expecting to get profound insight. That's not to say there is no one here that knows how to cook, but Digibase is not a cooking organization. (Or if it is, I am way out of the loop.)

I would like the idea of both technical and general support; whereas with technical we can almost always find a solution and in general we may not.

Kero

• Community Member
  • Woodland Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 01:58:12 am »
For instance, if someone spilled wine on their carpet, they could ask for the best approach of getting it out of the carpet. Stuff like that.
I literally have this problem right now.